COVID-19 – Important Information About Attending Clinics
We look forward to welcoming you at Gordon Eye Surgery (GES) & Lane Cove Eye Surgery (LCES).
Within the environment of COVID-19 we are asking for your assistance in keeping the Clinic at GES/LCES as safe as possible so all our patients feel safe to attend.
Gordon Eye Surgery and Lane Cove Eye Surgery continues to see patients.
We update our COVID-19 protocols in line with NSW Health as situations change, and current information can always be found in our appointment reminder SMS.
It is very important that the guidelines are strictly adhered to so that the clinic is safe for our staff and doctors and our patients. We are mindful that we have vulnerable patients visit us on a daily basis (vulnerable either due to their health or their age) and we want to provide a safe environment so that people feel they can continue their eye care and treatment.
It is also important to note that eye care does have the challenge that it cannot be delivered whilst always maintain the social distancing rule of being greater than 1.5m from another person, again an important reason for these guidelines to be strictly followed.
If you have any questions you can call to discuss on 02 94181488 or by leaving a message for us on the “Make an Enquiry” form on the right-hand side of this page.
Before you arrive
Please ensure you can pass the screening criteria of the practice which will be checked on arrival, which is:
- You are not a household contact of a covid positive person.
- You are currently well and do NOT have symptoms suggestive of COVID-19 (fever, sore throat, runny nose, headache, cough)
- You have not returned from overseas in the past 14 days. You can arrange a Telehealth consult with us if you require eye advice sooner.
- If you have recently had Covid-19 that you have supplied us with your date of diagnosis
When you arrive
When you arrive we will ask you to check:
- That you have NO symptoms. If you have symptoms of COVID due to another medical condition, entry will only be granted with a GP letter or negative results within 48 hours of visit;
- Entry to the practice before your appointment time will be limited to maximum of 10 mins prior to the appointment time. We must maintain minimal numbers of patients in the practice and waiting rooms so arriving early will add to this number. If you arrive early perhaps wait in your car
- Patients only to enter GES / LCES, we are asking that patients do not attend with an accompanying person. Exceptions are if a child (under 18years of age) can have one parent in attendance, but please do not bring other siblings to the visit.
- All visitors to the clinic must wear a mask whilst onsite;
- Please use hand sanitiser as you arrive;
- Please be patient on arrival as all patients will need to undertake the above screening process.
Please also be assured that our staff are screened each day to ensure they comply with the above conditions.
All staff and doctors are vaccinated for Covid-19.
If you have any questions, please phone ahead to our clinic on (02) 9418-1488.
If you need any help, just ask our staff.
Thank you for assisting us to maintain a safe environment at the practice and we hope this gives you some reassurance of the measures we are taking to protect the patients of GES/LCES. We look forward to seeing you at your appointment.