COVID-19 – Important Information About Attending Clinics
We look forward to welcoming you at Gordon Eye Surgery (GES) & Lane Cove Eye Surgery (LCES).
Within the environment of COVID-19 we are asking for your assistance in keeping the Clinic at GES/LCES as safe as possible so all our patients feel safe to attend.
Gordon Eye Surgery and Lane Cove Eye Surgery continues to see patients during lockdown periods.
We update our COVID-19 protocols in line with NSW Health as situations change, and current information can always be found in our appointment reminder SMS.
It is very important that the guidelines are strictly adhered to so that the clinic is safe for our staff and doctors and our patients. We are mindful that we have vulnerable patients visit us on a daily basis (vulnerable either due to their health or their age) and we want to provide a safe environment so that people feel they can continue their eye care and treatment.
It is also important to note that eye care does have the challenge that it cannot be delivered whilst always maintain the social distancing rule of being greater than 1.5m from another person, again an important reason for these guidelines to be strictly followed.
If you have any questions you can call to discuss on 02 94181488 or by leaving a message for us on the “Make an Enquiry” form on the right-hand side of this page.
Before you arrive
Please ensure you can pass the screening criteria of the practice which will be checked on arrival, which is:
- You are not waiting for a COVID-19 swab result
- You are currently well and do NOT have symptoms suggestive of COVID-19 (fever, sore throat, runny nose, headache, cough)
- You have checked (recently) the NSW Health website for current hotspot locations: See www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates#nsw-covid-19-case-locations
- You can confirm that you have not attended any of the hotspot locations in the timeframes listed
- If you are from an LGA with tighter restrictions, please contact us ahead of your visit
- You have not returned from overseas in the past 14 days (including travel on a cruise ship). If so you should be in isolation. You can arrange a Telehealth consult with us if you require eye advice sooner
- You are not in a current QUARRANTINE period, as deemed by the NSW Health
- Have you been in close contact with someone diagnosed with Covid 19? If so you should be in isolation and be tested to check your own status. You can arrange a Telehealth consult with us if you require eye advice sooner.
- You agree to have your temperature tested on arrival
When you arrive
When you arrive we will ask you to check:
- QR code check in has occurred for all entrants (paper forms are provided in case you do not have a smart phone);
- Temperature upon check in. Any measurements above 37.5 degrees will mean a person can not enter the practice. We understand this could be frustrating but in the interest of keeping our vulnerable patients safe this is an important step and recommended by NSW Department of Health;
- That you have NO symptoms. If you have symptoms of COVID due to another medical condition, entry will only be granted with a GP letter or negative results within 48 hours of visit;
- Entry to the practice before your appointment time will be limited to maximum of 10 mins prior to the appointment time. We must maintain minimal numbers of patients in the practice and waiting rooms so arriving early will add to this number. If you arrive early perhaps wait in your car
- Patients only to enter GES / LCES, we are asking that patients do not attend with an accompanying person. Exceptions are if a child (under 18years of age) can have one parent in attendance, but please do not bring other siblings to the visit. For exceptions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We need to maintain social distancing in waiting rooms so we will not have the room for accompanying persons within the practice.
- All visitors to the clinic must wear a mask whilst onsite;
- Please use hand sanitiser as you arrive;
- Please be patient on arrival as all patients will need to undertake the above screening process.
Please also be assured that our staff are screened each day to ensure they comply with the above conditions.
We have a very high vaccination rate amongst our staff and doctors.
If you have any questions, please phone ahead to our clinic on (02) 9418-1488.
Here is what you will see when you arrive at Gordon Eye Surgery:
When you are waiting at reception, you’ll be asked to stand 1.5 metres away from the reception desk.
If you need any help, just ask our staff.
Thank you for assisting us to maintain a safe environment at the practice and we hope this gives you some reassurance of the measures we are taking to protect the patients of GES/LCES. We look forward to seeing you at your appointment.